This file last updated 12.10.99 by Troy Frever.
The Coast Model is a Windows 95/NT console application. Certain input data files must be present in the current working directory for the program to execute correctly. The default installation directory is "C:\Program Files\Columbia Basin Research\Coast Model", but the user may change this directory during installation.
The following are the top-levels files read by default by the Coast Model:
- required configuration data file
- general data file
These two files are required and must be named as shown.
The distributed "coast.data" file corresponds to the official 1998 PSC calibration of its harvest model. It contains include directives for the following files which must also appear in the same directory:
- basic harvest rates
- ceiling configurations and data
- chinook non-retention data
- configuration of initial cohorts
- "fp" (fishery policy) data
- fishery schedules
- maturation rates
- natural mortality data
- percent non-vulnerable data
- production data
- shaker data
- transition matrix data
These files may have any names, as long as they are properly listed in the "coast.data" file.
The Coast model creates four output files:
- total catch by fishery by year
- adult escapement by stock by year
- Standard Data Sentence output for entire simulation.
- error and message log
The Standard Data Sentence format is described in the accompanying Coast Model Manual, found in the Documentation directory.