Data Courtesy of Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission
PIT Tag Observation Queries
- River Environment Variables are not available at all PIT Tag Observation Sites.
- To generate the Data Link for querying results directly from scripts and automated processes: make all selections, check "Generate Query Result Link Only" next to the Submit button, and click Submit.
Inflow, Outflow, Spill, and Temperature (Scroll Case) data are collected at the project (dam). Spill Percent is calculated by DART from the Outflow and Spill values. Temperature (WQM), Barometric Pressure, Dissolved Gas and Dissolved Gas Percent are measured at Water Quality Monitoring stations in the forebay and tailrace of most projects and other key locations in the basin (prior to 1995, these data are from a variety of sources within the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers). Turbidity is measured in the forebay or in the fish ladders at a project. Elevation is measured in the forebay of a project.
Bonneville Dam, 18 July 2006: The USACE initially reported incorrect hourly Bonneville spillway discharge for 2002-2004. DART is reporting the USACE's Recalibrated Spillway Discharge at Bonneville for this period. The Water Quality reports for BON, CWMW, CCIW, and WRNO include the recalibrated spill at Bonneville.
Wells Dam, 13 August 2012: The DCPUD has requested the water temperature data reported as the "Wells Scrollcase Water Tempurature" obtained for DART from prepared USACE text files be removed as erroneous. The Wells project does not report scrollcase water temperatures. This data has been removed from the publicly accessible DART dataset.
June 5 - July 9, 2013: DART reported partial averages for outflow and spill from several Upper Columbia PUD projects. These values have been corrected to show the average of the complete day. We would like to thank the CCPUD for helping us correct this issue.
Notes on the DART PIT TAG Dataset
On a daily basis, we upload a daily file from PTAGIS, the primary source, into the Columbia River DART PIT TAG dataset. The Columbia River DART PIT TAG dataset does not include orphan tags (tags that have been detected but are not yet associated with a particular release). On a weekly basis, we synchronize the Columbia River DART PIT TAG dataset with year-to-date data from PTAGIS.
- PIT Tag Release Sites - report includes Site Code, Site Name, River KM, and Hydrounit
- PIT Tag "Standard" Species, Run, Rear Type Combinations (as reported by PSMFC)
- 2009 PIT Tag Specification Document
- PTAGIS Interrogation Site Metadata