Central Valley Juvenile Salmonid Monitoring for Unmarked Steelhead (unmarked), 8/1/2019 to 7/31/2020
Lower Sacramento River
San Joaquin River
Data Set Notes:
- Red Bluff Diversion Dam: Data Courtesy of USFWS, Red Bluff Fish & Wildlife Office. Updates made available approximately every 2 weeks.
- USFWS Data Note from Primary Source PDFs:
"Preliminary estimates of passage by brood-year (BY) and run for unmarked juvenile Chinook salmon and steelhead trout captured by rotary-screw traps at Red Bluff Diversion Dam (RK391), Sacramento River, CA."
"Biweekly totals may be greater than the sum of the daily estimates presented in this table if sampling was not conducted on each day of the biweekly period. A dash (-) denotes those dates. To estimate daily passage for days that were not sampled, we impute missed sample days with the weekly mean value of days sampled within the week."
October 1, 2013 - October 17, 2013: Winter run passage value interpolated using a monthly mean for the period due to government shutdown.
- Current data extraction process from primary source (USFWS distributed PDFs) does not capture published values for Biweekly Total. Columbia Basin Research (CBR) calculates the value from the published values for Lower and Upper 90% CI. The CBR calculated value for Biweekly Total is not rounded.
- Starting in October 2017, USFWS employs genetic sampling to revise race codes from Length-at-Date. The data for 10/8/2017-3/25/2018 was revised by USFWS after initial public distribution. As of 4/18/2018, the dataset for that period was updated in SacPAS to reflect these revisions. The original data is
available from USFWS Red Bluff Diversion Dam - Juvenile Salmonid Monitoring.
- Sacramento Trawls, Sacramento Beach Seines, Chipps Island Trawls, and Mossdale Trawls: Data Courtesy of USFWS, Lodi. Updates made available approximately every 4-6 weeks.
- 16 February 2017: An oversight related to the inclusion of marked fish in the reporting of "unmarked" fish was addressed.
- 2 March 2017: The method to calculate the number of samples/tows for Chipps Island was corrected.
- Water Temperature and Flow at Bend Bridge (BND), Colousa (COL), Wilkins Slough (WLK), Hood (SRH), Freeport (FPT), and Vernalis (VNS) are courtesty of CDEC. Data loaded daily.
- Frank Fisher length-at-date models for Sacramento River and modified for Delta surveys provided as a courtesy by DWR.
- The Knight's Landing RST and Tisdale Weir RST primary source data made available to SacPAS does not include the specificity needed to apply the Frank Fisher length-at-date model to categorize Chinook into "older" and "fry/smolt". Alternative criterias are applied to categorize run-identified Chinook:
- "older" juvenile: 8/1-10/31 sum of winter and spring, 11/1-7/31 winter only
- "fry/smolt" juvenile: 8/1-10/31 fall only, 11/1-7/31 sum of late-fall, fall and spring runs.
- SacPAS does not have an established data stream for:
- Glenn-Colousa Irrigation District (GCID) Rotary Screw Trap
SacPAS: Central Valley Prediction & Assessment of Salmon, University of Washington, Columbia Basin Research,