Delta Salvage for Chinook, to 11/29/2020
Data Set Notes:
- We obtain salvage data from Fish Salvage Monitoring, CDFW Bay Delta Region
- 20 April 2018: Due to an update strategy based on unique row identifiers, the SacPAS database occasionally accumulated duplicate rows of salvage data at the SWP and CVP. This resulted in salvage and loss numbers inflated by approximately 20% during the season (February-April, 2018). We have improved our data assimilation process and now report salvage and loss in line with the numbers from CDFW-Bay Delta Region. We would like to thank Geir Aasen at CDFW for his assistance in identifying and resolving this issue with SacPAS salvage and loss calculations.
- We obtain Export data from two sources:
- Acrefeet in the Access database posted to ftp://ftp.dfg.ca.gov/salvage/ - the entire record is loaded daily
- CFS from the CDEC sites HRO (for SWP) and TRP (for CVP) - 7 day window loaded daily
- The Delta Outflow, Sacramento River and San Joaquin River flow data are obtained from two sources:
- CFS from CDEC for FPT (for Sacramento River), VNS (for San Joaquin River), DTO (for Delta Outflow) - 7 day window loaded daily
- CFS for FPT+SRWTP, VNS, and NDOI from DWR operations control documents posted to http://www.water.ca.gov/swp/operationscontrol/deltaops.cfm - 30 day PDF window loaded daily
- The Cross Channel Status is obtained from the log and change order PDFs located at https://www.usbr.gov/mp/cvo/ - The Cross Channel condition is checked daily via the "Latest Cross Channel Gate Order", and updates are extracted from the PDF log which is published at https://www.usbr.gov/mp/cvo/
- On a daily basis, SacPAS calculates the OMR tidally filtered flow and the OMR index based on methods as described in:
See OMR Tidally Filtered Flow and Index Calculations as performed by SacPAS for full details. SacPAS calculated OMR Index is available for 28 October 2016 to the present.
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR). 2017. Old and Middle River Flow Review:
USGS Gauge Readings versus Index Calculations for 2011 through 2017. Online: http://deltacouncil.ca.gov/docs/old-and-middle-river-flow-review-usgs-gauge-readings-versus-index-calculations-2011-through
SacPAS: Central Valley Prediction & Assessment of Salmon, University of Washington, Columbia Basin Research,