Data Queries & Alerts
Alert: Weir Overtopping Today & Last 10 Days River Stage (Feet) Above / Below Weir Crest Level at 4 Sacramento River Weirs: Moulton, Colusa, Tisdale and Fremont.
Temperature Target Analysis based on RPAs (CDEC)
Juvenile Monitoring & Sampling (USFWS, Lodi, USFWS, Red Bluff, California Department of Fish & Wildlife via StreamNet, and CDEC)
- Cohort Juvenile Monitoring at Sacramento River rotary screw traps, beach seines, and trawls with Red Bluff Estimates
- Juvenile Salmonid Monitoring with Temperature, Flow and Turbidity at Sacramento River, Lower Sacramento River, Chipps Island, and San Joaquin River rotary screw traps, beach seines, and trawls
- Red Bluff Daily Table with Biweekly
- Red Bluff Daily Graph with Biweekly and River Environment
- Cohort Migration Timing and Conditions at Red Bluff, Sacramento River rotary screw traps, beach seines, and trawls with Temperature and Flow
Juvenile Loss & Salvage (Fish Salvage Monitoring, CDFW Bay Delta Region)
- Delta Loss of Non-Clipped Chinook and Steelhead at SWP & CVP Delta Fish Facilities
- Delta Salvage of Non-Clipped and Clipped Chinook and Steelhead at SWP & CVP Delta Fish Facilities
- Salvage Timing for all years of Non-Clipped and Clipped Chinook at SWP & CVP Delta Fish Facilities
- Hatchery Chinook Loss Tables of Confirmed and Unconfirmed Hatchery Chinook CWT Releases and CWT Releases of Interest
- Loss and Salvage Detail Table of Clipped and Unclipped Chinook and Steelhead at SWP and CVP Delta Fish Facilities including WY2018 genetic information where provided
River Conditions (CDEC)
- River Graph&Text Multiple years, multiple locations, multiple river parameters in graph, html table, and CSV formats. Includes 10 Year Average options. Query is calendar year based.
- Daily River Table All River Parameters HTML Table with CSV for user-selected single site and date range (up to 2 years).
- All Years Graph All Years Graph for user-selected single site and single river parameter.
- Basin Conditions Single year basin conditions at multiple locations from Shasta Dam to Wilkins Slough. Currently offering Temperature Target Analysis for the Temperature Compliance Reach, River Discharge (daily and hourly), and Turbidity.
Exposure Index Data analysis tool calculates observed river conditions to user-provided thresholds and observed Fish Exposure to River Conditions at locations on the Sacramento River. Currently offering observed river conditions to user-provided thresholds.
Data Sites & Inventory Current database inventory for selected Sacramento River Basin sites with links to data reports and visualizations.
Data Queries & Alerts
Provide a publicly accessible, web-based query and reporting system of historical and current fish, environmental, and hydrologic information, vital to year-round planning and adaptive management of the Central Valley Project and State Water Project. Data uploads will provide the most up-to-date data as it is made available, whether it be daily, biweekly, monthly or annually. Basic conditions, performance measures, and threshold-based alerts are available through data aggregation and analysis of environmental conditions.
Quality Control of California Data Exchange Center (CDEC) Hydrosystem Data for use in SacPAS.
- 24 August 2018: Loss and Salvage Detail Table (Juvenile Loss & Salvage) of Clipped and Unclipped Chinook and Steelhead at SWP and CVP Delta Fish Facilities including WY2018 genetic information where provided.
- 5 June 2018: Salvage Timing (Juvenile Loss & Salvage) for all years of unclipped and clipped juvenile Chinook salvage at the SWP and CVP Delta Fish Facilities. Other Delta Loss and Salvage data products relocated to new Juvenile Loss & Salvage category
- 29 May 2018: CWT SAR (Adult Escapement) Smolt-to-Adult Ratio (SAR) Estimates for Coded Wire Tag implemented for 10 Sacramento and San Joaquin hatchery programs.
- 8 May 2018: CDFW GrandTab (Adult Escapement) GrandTab 2018.04.09 implemented in SacPAS database.
- 20 April 2018: Delta Loss & Salvage. Due to an update strategy based on unique row identifiers, the SacPAS database occasionally accumulated duplicate rows of salvage data at the SWP and CVP. This resulted in salvage and loss numbers inflated by approximately 20% during the season (February-April, 2018). We have improved our data assimilation process and now report salvage and loss in line with the numbers from CDFW-Bay Delta Region. We would like to thank Geir Aasen at CDFW for his assistance in identifying and resolving this issue with SacPAS salvage and loss calculations.
SacPAS: Central Valley Prediction & Assessment of Salmon, University of Washington, Columbia Basin Research,
Monday, 07-Jan-2019 12:03:38 PST