Data Queries & Alerts
Summer 2020. Sampling cancelled due to safety concerns:
Chipps Island Trawls.
- Weir Overtopping Today & Last 10 Days River Stage (Feet) Above / Below Weir Crest Level at 4 Sacramento River Weirs: Moulton, Colusa, Tisdale and Fremont
Temperature Thresholds (CDEC)
- Clear Creek Current Clear Creek temperature target and criteria exceedance analysis.
- Lower American Current Lower American River temperature target and criteria exceedance analysis.
- Sacramento Current Sacramento temperature target and criteria exceedance analysis.
- Stanislaus Flow and Temperature Current and historical Stanislaus River temperature.
Juvenile Monitoring & Sampling (USFWS, Lodi, USFWS, Red Bluff, California Department of Fish & Wildlife via StreamNet, and CDEC)
- Cohort Juvenile Monitoring at Sacramento River rotary screw traps, beach seines, and trawls with Red Bluff Estimates
Current Catch at Red Bluff Diversion Dam, Knights Landing, Sacramento Trawls, and Chipps Island Trawls. Predicted total of Current Catch based on 15 year average timing and percent.
- Juvenile Salmonid Monitoring with Temperature, Flow and Turbidity at Sacramento River, Lower Sacramento River, Chipps Island, and San Joaquin River rotary screw traps, beach seines, and trawls
- Red Bluff Daily Table with Biweekly
- Red Bluff Daily Graph with Biweekly and River Environment
- Cohort Migration Timing and Conditions at Red Bluff, Sacramento River rotary screw traps, beach seines, and trawls with Temperature and Flow
Juvenile Salvage & Loss (Fish Salvage Monitoring, CDFW Bay Delta Region) at SWP & CVP Delta Fish Facilities of Chinook and Steelhead
All queries except CWT Hatchery Chinook Loss Tables include Non-clipped Chinook, Clipped Chinook, Non-clipped Steelhead, and Clipped Steelhead
River Conditions (CDEC)
- River Graph&Text Multiple years, multiple locations, multiple river parameters in graph, html table, and CSV formats. Includes 10 Year Average options. Query is calendar year based.
- Daily River Table All River Parameters HTML Table with CSV for user-selected single site and date range (up to 2 years).
- All Years Graph All Years Graph for user-selected single site and single river parameter.
- Basin Conditions Single year basin conditions at multiple locations from Shasta Dam to Wilkins Slough. Currently offering Temperature Target Analysis for the Temperature Compliance Reach, River Discharge (daily and hourly), and Turbidity.
Exposure Index Data analysis tool calculates observed river conditions to user-provided thresholds and observed Fish Exposure to River Conditions at locations on the Sacramento River. Currently offering observed river conditions to user-provided thresholds.
Data Sites & Inventory Current database inventory for selected Sacramento River Basin sites with links to data reports and visualizations.
Data Queries & Alerts
Provide a publicly accessible, web-based query and reporting system of historical and current fish, environmental, and hydrologic information, vital to year-round planning and adaptive management of the Central Valley Project and State Water Project. Data uploads will provide the most up-to-date data as it is made available, whether it be daily, biweekly, monthly or annually. Basic conditions, performance measures, and threshold-based alerts are available through data aggregation and analysis of environmental conditions.
Quality Control of California Data Exchange Center (CDEC) Hydrosystem Data for use in SacPAS.
- 20 April 2023. River Conditions Map-based Query. Implemented interactive, map-based application to explore data inventory and query River Conditions.
- 16 December 2022: Cohort Juvenile Monitoring Daily Graph. Lower Feather River RST and Lower Sacramento River RST added to SacPAS database.
- 11 October 2022: River Conditions queries. Implemented query option to Limit Locations by Hydrologic Area for improved usability. Expanded locations in SacPAS database for San Joaquin River Basin, including locations in Stanislaus, Tuolumne, Merced rivers.
- 1 August 2022: CDFW GrandTab (Adult Escapement) GrandTab 2022.07.20 implemented in SacPAS database.
- 28 April 2022: Expanded Salvage Timing for Green Sturgeon and age-specific Delta Smelt and Longfin Smelt.
- 22 November 2021: Current Catch at four key monitoring locations: Red Bluff Diversion Dam, Knights Landing, Sacramento Trawls, and Chipps Island Trawls. Predicted total of Current Catch based on 15 year average timing and percent.
- 30 September 2021: All Juvenile Salvage & Loss queries converted to Water Year date ranges.
- 28 September 2021: CDFW GrandTab (Adult Escapement) GrandTab 2021.06.30 implemented in SacPAS database.
- 27 September 2019: Delta Loss query expanded to include Day/Night Patterns option.
- 23 September 2019: Salvage and Loss Summary tables of Chinook and Steelhead, unclipped and clipped, at SWP and CVP Delta Fish Facilities.
- 29 March 2019: SacPAS is calculating OMR Tidally Filtered Flow and OMR Index for 28 October 2016 to present. Delta Loss results have been expanded to include OMR values. See OMR Tidally Filtered Flow and Index Calculations as performed by SacPAS for details.
SacPAS: Central Valley Prediction & Assessment of Salmon, University of Washington, Columbia Basin Research,
Friday, 28-Apr-2023 17:15:35 PDT